Water and Environmental Management
Water and environmental issues are of global concern in both private and public sectors. Environmental management needs a holistic and interdisciplinary view and understanding the principles of sustainable development and rational use of natural resources.
Especially the interactions between water, land and air are emphasized. The participants gain experience of the most recent tools to be utilized in water and environmental management projects with the consultants, contractors and public authorities. International contacts are an essential asset when dealing with multinational development tasks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studies will mainly be implemented through online learning with two intensive periods- During the intensive periods contact teaching and training will be organized in Oulu.
- The first period is organized in the beginning of January and will last for 3-5 days. The second intensive period is organized in the autumn.
- The advanced professional competences are mostly implemented online.
- The final thesis, including the consultation and topic approval with the instructing lecturer, is started in the beginning of the studies.
- Students will continue their thesis throughout their studies until the second intensive period when the thesis should be finished.
- The number of online meetings and consultations with instructing lecturer are offered to help students with their thesis project.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Sciences View 13 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have Bachelor's or Master's degree in civil, environmental, chemical, mechanical, process or water engineering, environmental hygiene, environmental sciences, geology or limnology.
- The degree should be finished before 28 December.
- In addition three years of field specific work experience is required after the graduation. If applicant has completed a post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma in Finland in any field of education, the work experience between those diplomas and higher education degree is taken into consideration.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.