The MSc in Process Systems Engineering at Cranfield University is a contemporary engineering discipline that emerged with the main purpose to provide the methods, tools and human capacity that allow industry to meet its needs by tying science to engineering. This is a dual degree programme, leading to the award of a Cranfield University degree and a Muscat University degree.
The MSc in Process Systems Engineering aims to:
- Provide engineering and applied science graduates with current theory and practice of the technical and managerial aspects of process systems.
- Equip students with adequate knowledge and experience to deal with the design, operation, optimisation and control of all kinds of chemical, physical, and biological processes through the use of systematic computer-aided approaches.
- Provide employable graduates in a vast range of industries, such as oil and gas, petrochemical, mineral processing, specialty chemicals, food, pharmaceutical, biotechnological, water and energy industries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Process Plant Operations
- Risk and Reliability Engineering
- Thermal Systems Operation and Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics for Industrial Processes
- Advanced Control Systems
- Process Design and Simulation
- Management for Technology
- Process Measurements Systems
- Group Project (full time students only)
- Dissertation (part-time students only)
- Individual Research Project (thesis)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and each application is considered on its individual merit. Usually candidates must hold either a:
- Minimum of a “Good” undergraduate degree from an Oman institution in a relevant discipline, OR
- first or a second class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, OR
- international degree - equivalent of UK qualifications
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have several years' relevant work experience.
International17957 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17957 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National17957 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17957 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.