Because of the diversity of the various ethnic groups and cultures, the program will prepare social work students for contextually competent social work practice, inclusive of issues of culture, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, class and gender differences, religion and the effects of bias, prejudice and institutionalized racism.
These issues and concerns often obscure helping efforts if they are not appropriately recognized and dealt with in practice and in social policy development and implementation.
Thus, the program aims at increasing students’ understanding of the underlying causes resulting from intersecting effects of prejudice, discrimination, and stereotyping and teaches ways of identifying strategies and interventions for addressing these concerns and problems in social work practice.
The California State University, Dominguez Hills Master of Social Work program has set several goals in the preparation of professional social workers applying cultural and contextually competent practice. The program aspires to prepare graduates to:
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Social Welfare Policy
- Generalist Social Work Practice
- Social Justice in Social Work Practice
- Advanced Social Work Practice in Communities
- Seminar in Mental Health Issues
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Management, Organisation & Leadership View 2258 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed bachelor’s degree with a liberal arts background (recommended) from a regionally accredited institution.
- 1st step: Applicants must apply to the University via Cal State Apply, pay the application fee, and submit an application. Applicants must also submit one set of official transcripts to the University Admissions office; if the undergraduate degree was obtained at CSUDH, then the applicant would not need to submit a transcript to University Admissions.
- 2nd step: Applicants must apply to the Department of Social Work by: a) completing the supplemental application (personal statement, financial and time management statement, experience profile).
International6336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6336 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Carson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.