Quantity Surveying degree offered at University of Salford is led by academics with industry experience, we're at the heart of the UK's largest property and construction market outside of London, with a host of local case studies and live projects to study.
- Learn to organise and plan the procurement and financial management of construction projects
- Be able to effectively manage and administer construction contracts
- Lead and work effectively with project teams and communicate effectively in a variety of forms.
This course aims to equip you for a rewarding career as a quantity surveyor. The role of a quantity surveyor is varied and challenging, with opportunities to travel, and the likelihood that you will help to shape the future built environment.
Quantity surveying graduates can expect to work in a wide range of public and private sector organisations, including construction companies, project management consultancies, and government departments. Salford's quantity surveying alumni have progressed to work at leading construction industry organisations, including Lend Lease, Kier, Laing O'Rourke, Gardiner and Theobald, and Balfour Beatty.
- Contracts Management and Practice
- Financial & Commercial Management
- Quantity Surveying Practice
- 12 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 6 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Sri Lanka
- Applicants must have a minimum of a second class honours degree (2:2).
- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal/traditional entry criteria but who have relevant experience or the ability to pursue the course successfully.
- The Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process could help you to make your work and life experience count. The APL process can be used for entry onto courses or to give you exemptions from parts of your course.
- Two forms of APL may be used for entry: the Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8820 GBP per year during 12 months.
- £1,470 per 30 credits
Distance learning :
- UK: £1,470 per 30 credits.
- International: £1,470 per 30 credits.
Living costs for Colombo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.