The particular focus of the Composites programme from PFH Private University of Applied Sciences is on both carbon fibre-reinforced plastics (CFRP, colloquially known as "carbon") and glass fibre-reinforced plastics (GFRP).
A Master's qualification will open up the best possible career prospects, with the CFRP branch of the economy alone being forecast to grow by 10 percent a year. The high demand for specialists in composites is therefore bound to continue to increase in future.
- Study programme unique in the whole of Europe
- Best possible career prospects in aircraft construction, automotive engineering, machine construction, wind turbine construction and many other industries
- Professional development study programme in block and weekend courses
- Up-to-date content provided by professors with practical experience
- Collaborative partners like Airbus, DLR and Fraunhofer Institute in the immediate neighbourhood of the campus
- Selected management content in the study programme
- Individual supervision in small learning groups
Specialisation in the Key Technology Field of CFRP
The University offers the professional development engineering programme, leading to a Master of Science (M.Sc.), in "Verbundwerkstoffe/Composites" at PFH Hansecampus Stade. It is accredited by the Accreditation Agency ASIIN and state-recognised.
The Triple-Award programme lasts for three semesters with a total of 90 ECTS. It has been developed with international engineering graduates in mind who are seeking to gain expertise in the exciting field of composites and who have an affinity towards Germany.
Its full-time nature and its inclusion of management courses and intensive German language training are designed to give international students the full student experience and to increase their employability in Germany, Europe and worldwide. Upon successful completion, you will be awarded a fully accredited and state-recognised Master of Science degree in Composites, a Management Certificate, and a German Language Certificate.
Career ProspectsThe Master of Science in Verbundwerkstoffe/Composites will give you a cross-industry qualification enabling you to undertake management tasks in activities related to fibre composites. It will, for example, open up excellent career prospects in aircraft construction, automotive engineering, machine construction, ship and yacht building, railway vehicle and wind turbine construction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Internal Accounting & Controlling, Strategic Management
- Calculation Methods in Structural Mechanics, Material Mechanics and Material Behavior
- Damage-Tolerant Structural Design, Nonlinear Methods of
- Assembly Logistics of Automated Production Processes, Quality
- Assurance Methods in Production and Service
- Design of Composite Materials, Hybrid Construction,
- Industrial Production Technologies for Composite Structures,
- Digital Plant Planning, Deterministic Assessment of Production
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Possible to apply at any time, we recommend to apply at the latest six month before semester start due to visa issues.
60 ECTS (part-time programme)/90 ECTS (full-time programme)
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Aerospace Engineering Business Administration View 30 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- PFH application form, letter of motivation, CV, copies of all official university diplomas and internship certificates, letter of reference from university and/or research centre and/or company, copy of passport, digital photo
- Written or online application
- Degree in engineering or mathematical science with above-average marks and at least one year of professional experience.
International14400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7200 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA14400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7200 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- 5,940 euro/semester (part-time)
- 7,200 euro/semester (Triple-Award)\
One time fees
- 520 euro admin fee (EU citizens)
- 420 euro enrolment
- 1,000 euro examination
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.