We give you the flexibility to develop your knowledge in a specific area of expertise within this distinctive research-based Sport Science Masters.You can work with the University's strong ties to national and international sporting bodies and institutions throughout the sporting community. These include:
- Professional Football Clubs
- England Hockey
- Holme Pierrepont National Watersports Centre
- the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- the British Olympic Association.
Know that you will be in great hands studying under our knowledgeable team, whose internationally leading research includes areas such as sports performance, extreme environments, nutritional supplementation, physical activity and health.
Careers and employability
Graduates of this Sport Science Masters course have pursued careers in sports marketing and management, sports injury and rehabilitation and sport psychology research.
Employers have included:
- Manchester United FC
- Northumbria University
- Institute of Youth Sport
- Kings College
- English Institute of Sport.
This Sport Science degree from Nottingham Trent University can provide a platform for students who are considering a PhD, and want to gain further experience and relevant qualifications before committing to a research degree.
Placements and work experience opportunities are available throughout your period of study. The University's Employability team has an enviable reputation for helping our graduates find employment and offers individual consultations. Sessions are available to all students at NTU on CV writing and interview technique. Examples of opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- performance analysts at professional football clubs
- sports science support with elite athletes
- strength and conditioning work with elite athletes
- physiological monitoring of elite athletes
- research experience by assisting staff and PhD students
- creativity and innovation management placements at Alton Towers resort.
- Sport Science Research Methods
- Sport in Action
- Sport Research Project
- Exercise Physiology
- Performance Analysis
- Current Topics in Performance Nutrition
- Biomechanics of Optimal Performance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health Sports Sciences View 1117 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- A UK honours degree (minimum 2.1) or equivalent in sport science or a relevant discipline such as psychology, biology or biochemistry
- Other qualifications and experience are welcomed.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.