The master's degree program in Business Administration from Mainz University of Applied Sciences is a full-time degree program which, due to the timing of the modules on offer, can also be studied part-time in addition to work. The individual courses take place on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons as well as on Wednesday afternoons in the first and second semesters.
In a block week before the beginning of the third semester, you will learn to make fundamental entrepreneurial decisions as part of a business planning game. The week before the beginning of the fourth semester is intended for the international excursion to another cultural area.
The teaching concept of the Master of Science in Business Administration is based on different forms of learning. In principle, the program uses the methods of the Anglo-Saxon system, including in particular the use of case studies and guided self-study.
The aims of the degree program
The consecutive master's degree program in Business Administration is characterized by a practice-oriented, comprehensive and in-depth teaching of business administration content for graduates of programs other than business studies who wish to prepare themselves for the assumption of management tasks or who are already entrusted with management tasks and wish to develop and expand the necessary knowledge. From an overarching point of view, an integrative way of thinking should be promoted, one which is based on a sustainable and ethically responsible management understanding.The following qualification goals are aimed at:
- Conveying an integrated management approach
- Focus on concepts and methods of strategic management
- Creation of international decision-making skills
- Development of leadership skills
- Dealing with socially relevant topics
Your professional prospects
The program is designed to enable you to take on management functions in the business world. In this context, management positions are primarily possible in industries in which the specialist competences of your first degree combine with those of business administration. The leadership skills imparted here complement your professional strengths.
The graduates work in private companies, but also in companies, associations and organisations of the public sector. Employers include large international companies such as Boehringer Ingelheim, Schott and Fraport, as well as small and medium-sized companies, including those from the Rhine-Main region, such as J. N. Köbig GmbH in Mainz and BioNTech AG in Mainz.
- Human Resource Management & Organisation
- Economic Framework for Entrepreneurial Decisions
- Financial Accounting
- Legal Conditions of Managerial Decisions
- Research Methods in Business Administration
- Managerial Accounting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Accounting Human Resource Management View 150 other Masters in Business Administration in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A degree with an academic diploma or bachelor's degree from a university, a university of applied sciences or an equivalent university in Germany or an equivalent final examination abroad in a subject other than business administration or a similar degree program.
- You must provide proof of your knowledge of English by means of:
- TOEFL iBT score 79 (as of 2008)
- TOEIC 750 points
- ILEC (Level B2)
- the acquisition of at least 30 ECTS credits from economics courses that are taught and tested entirely in English and for which the last exams have been completed within the last two year
- Applicants must prove their suitability and motivation in an interview, if the head of the program considers this necessary.
- Applicants must provide proof of three months of practical work experience before starting their studies.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Semester fee: approx. €330
Living costs for Mainz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.