These routes offer practitioners the opportunity to build upon their experience and develop an understanding of the knowledge and evidence that positively contributes to the health and wellbeing of persons, groups and populations.
The framework enables you to study the route which best meets your professional background and future aspirations. It will appeal to a wide range of health professionals.
Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Registered Nurses already working in, or wishing to work in, the community can undertake a specified group of modules that allows them to achieve a community qualification or registration recognised by the NMC in District Nursing, Health Visiting or School Nursing.
The MSc/ PgDip/ PgCert Person-Centred Practice (Mental Health and Wellbeing) at the Queen Margaret University is for a broad range of health and welfare workers who wish to employ mental health assessment and intervention skills with patients, or clients, in differing acute and community settings.
Graduates have taken up advanced specialist practice and leadership roles within their specialist field of practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding and Responding to Mental Distress and Illness
- Application of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Informed Practice
- Applying Interpersonal Therapy Informed Practice
- Risk and Resilience/Developing Professional Practice
- Theory and Practice of Person-Centred Health and Social Care
- Leading Professional Practice
- Making Judgements and Decisions in Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
None for MSc/PgDip routes, but May for PgDip NMC qualifications.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 920 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates will normally be graduates with evidence of relevant recent academic study.
- Interview: Interviews will take place in collaboration with partner Health Boards.
- Criminal Records Check: For students undertaking NMC approved qualifications a satisfactory criminal records check will be required. Compliance with the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and mental health legislation for clinical placement and employability in statutory services, for work with children and in other sensitive areas of employment.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.