Theory of Podiatric Surgery at the Queen Margaret University was specifically developed to give students the knowledge and skills they need to pursue this flourishing career path. Other interested healthcare professionals can also complete individual modules. We deliver this MSc jointly with Glasgow Caledonian University.
You could begin this course as a podiatrist in either the NHS or in private practice, and looking to develop your career into the area of podiatric surgery. The course will give you the ideal opportunity to extend your scope of practice to include surgical management of foot and ankle pathologies.
You’ll study a variety of modules giving you the theoretical underpinning for future surgical training.
The modular MSc Theory of Podiatric Surgery at the Queen Margaret University is a collaborative initiative offered in partnership with Glasgow Caledonian University.
This course will provide the theoretical underpinning for those students wishing a career in podiatric surgery.
- Anatomy for Surgical Practice
- Principles of Diagnostic Investigations
- Podiatric Mechanics
- Pharmacology for Podiatric Surgery
- Medicine and Pathology
- Diagnostic Imaging-Interpretive
- Research Methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 250 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen Margaret University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students registered on this named award will be podiatrists registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). However, the individual modules are available to healthcare professionals with an interest in the area. Candidates should have the relevant honours degree. Those with a professional diploma or unclassified degree should have at least two years’ professional experience and be able to demonstrate a portfolio of continued professional development.
- International: You will be required to take an IELTS test receiving an overall score of 6.5 and no individual component score below 6.0.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.