Depending on your interests, you can study a range of specialist topics including graphics, illustration, branding and identity, and digital interactive media. You can choose to either propose and develop your own practical project, or opt to research and write a dissertation based on a topic of your choice.The MA Graphic Design Theory and Practice degree is ideal if you:
- want to continue your design education alongside employment
- are a professional who wants to develop new skills and knowledge in your design practice
- are someone who wants to follow a more academic career as a researcher, writer, commentator or educator.
- Have the support and flexibility to study a Masters course around other commitments, including employment
- Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations
- Choose to develop a practical project, or research and write a dissertation
- Enjoy the opportunity to study across the broad subject of graphic design, choosing specialist topics such as illustration, branding, and digital interactive media
- Be allocated a personal supervisor, who will provide continuity throughout the development of your work
- Take part in group tutorials and development workshops
- Opt for an additional advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing on
Careers and employability
This Graphic Design Theory and Practice course from Nottingham Trent University will equip you with strong creative and problem-solving skills. Our graduates become valuable members of professional teams working together on a range of visual communication projects, involving all kinds of cross-discipline collaborations.
Our graduates often pursue careers in education, digital and printed media for advertising, branding, marketing and promotion, and a diverse range of publications.
- Graphic Design Theory and Practice
- Phase One: Creative Research and Development
- Phase Two: Creative Development and Testing
- Phase Three: Design for Production and Media
- Advanced Art and Design Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesGraphic Design View 116 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
- 2.2 honours degree in a related subject.
- Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and / or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- a creative portfolio.
International7250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7250 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.