The students learn about recent achievements in the field of nuclear power and the methods and tools that prepare them for taking managing positions in industry or undertaking research activities. Special attention is given to modelling and simulation methods and codes.
The Nuclear Power Engineering programme from the Warsaw University of Technology is realised in close collaboration with foreign and national universities, research institutes and companies and is supported by visiting professors and industrial specialists.
The last semester of the 4-semester study is devoted to a research-based internship at a nuclear installation, directly connected with preparing the master’s diploma thesis.
Graduates of Nuclear Power Engineering receive profound education in nuclear reactor physics, nuclear reactor modelling and simulation, nuclear instrumentation and control, contemporary and future nuclear reactor systems, and nuclear power plant safety, operation and maintenance.
They are prepared for creative work and research in the field of design, operation and control of atomic power and other nuclear installations, as well as of classical power and related structures. This work could be focused on energy conversion processes in power machines and equipment, conducting modernisation of systems and facilities, implementation of new technologies, and establishing small enterprises and their management.
- Energy companies (including
- generation, distribution and sale of electricity)
- CHP stations and municipal power companies, public administration related to energy
- Suppliers of equipment and services for the energy sector (foreign and Polish companies)
- Energy sector companies, including the construction of power facilities and installation of equipment
Examples of modules:
- Elements of Nuclear Physics
- Nuclear Reactor Physics
- Contemporary Nuclear Reactor Systems
- Nuclear Fuels and Fuel Cycles
- Nuclear Instrumentation and Control
- NPP Safety
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Nuclear Engineering View 13 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree - in the original language and translation to English. Remember we require a Bachelor's Degree in a very similar field to the M.Sc. program you are applying to. The Diploma should be final, however, we accept also provisional and temporary ones. For more information on M.Sc. degree requirements, please click here.
- Transcript of records - your results/grades, necessary to make the decision. Check the details on the transcript requirements here.
- Passport - the page(s) with your personal information, your photo, and your signature.
- EU citizens: Candidates from the EU can use a passport or a national ID.
- Proof of payment of 85 PLN application fee. Check here how to make the application fee payment.
- One picture/photograph - the passport format photo
International3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1800 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.