- Study on a part-time basis, and complete modules sequentially or independently (depending on your current qualifications).
- Benefit from lectures by researchers and visiting designers working in industry such as Jo Cope, Simeon Farrar, Professor Jane Harris, Moxham, Karen Nicol, and Christopher Raeburn.
- Work with fellow students, practitioners and academic staff from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Have the opportunity to join a European study visit to Antwerp and Paris.
- Take advantage of our extensive links with industry.
- Be selected to exhibit your work at New Designers in London.
Careers and employability
This Fashion and Textile Design course from Nottingham Trent University leads to a wide range of career opportunities including commercial or independent fashion, textile or knitwear designer, maker or artist.
Other industry-related roles include buyer, merchandiser, production manager, trend forecaster, and styling for fashion and knitwear companies and brands.
You could also use this course to support a career in teaching, lecturing, journalism and progression to MPhil or PhD study.
Recent graduates have set up their own successful businesses, and work within the fashion and textile design sector and wider creative industries. Others have returned to their previous job with a renewed focus and enhanced career prospects.
If you are interested in starting your own creative business, the University provides start-up training and support through The Hive, our centre for entrepreneurship and enterprise.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fashion and Textile Design
- Advanced Art and Design Research
Teaching and learning experiences will include:
- live projects
- study visits
- self-directed research
- independent studio practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 511 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- 2.2 honours degree in a related subject.
- Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and / or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- a creative portfolio.
National4250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.