Explore animation production, concepts and context on this dynamic and contemporary postgraduate degree. As an MA Animation student, you’ll have the opportunity to choose from a wide range of topics to study, including:
- storyboard and pre-visualisation artistry
- character design
- environment and prop design
- 2D and 3D animation
- stop-motion and experimental animation
This course will prepare you for a career in a commercial production studio, in games production or feature animation. Additionally, you may choose to work in visual effects production or as an independent filmmaker.
- Develop a project tailored to your own personal interests and career aspirations.
- Attend lectures held by industry professionals from leading animation studios.
- Visit animation festivals in the UK and Europe
- Take advantage of our extensive industry links
- Exhibit your work at New Designers in London
- Opt for an additional research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study
- Work with fellow students, practitioners and academic staff from different cultures and backgrounds.
The Animation course from Nottingham Trent University promotes industry research and networking to establish relationships with relevant animation companies. Students will leave with a body of work that reflects their skills and currency to potential employers.
This course leads to a wide range of potential careers that include storyboard artist; character designer; environment and prop designer; pre-visualisation artist; CG modeller; 2D and 3D animator; stop-motion animator; and experimental animator.
You also have the opportunity to enter into a diverse industry including feature and televisual production, advertising, games production and independent production, through to more peripheral digital media industries such as architectural pre-visualisation.
Some graduates also use this course to support careers in teaching, lecturing and journalism, or to progress on to MPhil or PhD study.
- Advanced Art and Design Research
- 2D digital animation
- 3D animation
- 3D modelling
- stop-motion animation
- character design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- You can apply for this course throughout the year, but we'd recommend that applications should be received by the end of July for entry in September.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design Video Games & Animation View 152 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
- 2.2 honours degree in a related subject.
- Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications and / or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- a creative portfolio.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.