Why study this Creative Technologies course from Nottingham Trent University?
- Study at our brand-new, multi-million pound campus, right in the heart of Nottingham. Our postgraduate students benefit from bespoke study space and an access all areas swipe pass. You’ll be the first to use many of our facilities as we open our new campus developments, including our Digital Media Hub and Contemporary Music Hub, in the autumn.
- Benefit from small study groups with a dedicated postgraduate academic team. Your course leader will work closely with you to help develop your unique personal project, supported by a framework of taught content to extend your knowledge and understanding of creative technologies research. Significant support is in place to support students returning to higher education after a significant break, or pursuing study for the first time.
- Graduate with a degree that reflects your career aspirations and personal specialism: an MA (Master of Arts) or MSc (Master of Science). Although the course is taught, the elements of personalisation will enable you to have significant input into your course content. You’ll graduate with the skills, knowledge and experience relevant to your personal career.
- Benefit from Confetti's partnership with Nottingham Trent University. You'll have full student access to NTU facilities including the modern Boots Library at the City Campus, as well as membership to the Students' Union. You’ll also have access to The Hive, NTU’s Centre for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise, supporting students wishing to start their own businesses.
- Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies belongs to the Confetti Media Group, a group of five creative industry companies including a film and post-production agency, a TV station, an artist management agency, a creative working space provider, and a furniture design and manufacturer. You’ll be learning in a creative and professional environment, with the opportunity to immerse yourself within the businesses of Nottingham’s Creative Quarter, cultivating networking and collaborative opportunities.
- Take part in Confetti’s Industry Week, a series of over 70 workshops, lectures and masterclasses featuring some of the biggest names in the global creative industries, including representatives from PlayStation, Radio 1, Sky, Rockstar Games, Glastonbury Festival, Deepsilver Dambusters and Sumo Digital.
Careers and employability
Potential job roles could include:
- 3D Animation Programmer
- Visual Effects Producer
- Audio Visual System Designer
- Software engineer
- VR simulations developer
- Games developer
- Application designer or developer
- Digital platforms engineer
- Social and locative media engineer
- Camera assistant
- Edit Assistant
- Lighting assistant
- Production assistant
- Post house technical support
- Rental house support
- Camera / Lighting technician
- Creative Technology Research
- Creative Technology Production
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 515 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree, or an appropriate equivalent, i.e. a professional qualification, from a recognised British or overseas institution, in a related subject. Related subjects include (but are not limited to), music technology, film production, TV production technology, music performance, games production, games art, VFX technology production and, live and technical events.
- Mature students with at least 3 years industry experience are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants who do not fully satisfy the general criteria will be considered if they are able to demonstrate that they are capable of successfully undertaking and completing the programme at the required standard.
EU/EEA4750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.