Construction is a global industry, and construction managers are at the centre of it. Responsible for directing various operations within building projects, from project planning, contract administration and safety management, to cost and quality control, they represent a varied and exciting area of the industry. Our MSc Construction Management course aims to provide you with a framework for understanding the role of the construction manager, with a key focus on the management of construction projects from the perspective of the construction contractor.
Applying construction management principles and processes to project work, you’ll gain a critical understanding of management roles in industry processes. You’ll examine the technological processes and associated business functions in the UK and international environments and, through the application of research methods, advance your ability to identify innovation and continuous development in industry.
Careers and employability
The MSc Construction Management course from Nottingham Trent University has an outstanding reputation for producing employable graduates. The course provides you with an accredited route towards the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (CICES).
- Law for Construction
- Construction Business and Enterprise
- Collaborative Working
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Planning and Managing Construction Work
- Professional Practice and Procedure for Construction and Engineering Management
- Postgraduate Research Project
- Industrial or Professional Internship
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 309 other Masters in Project Management in United Kingdom
- Corporate membership of an appropriate construction industry-related professional body which has been approved for this purpose by the University, preferably alongside industry experience at managerial level, or
- An alternative approved construction industry-related professional qualification, together with appropriate industrial experience at managerial level in the construction industry.
International115500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 115500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National £4,250
- International: £7,550
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.