This Cell Biology course from Nottingham Trent University is particularly relevant if you:
- are a recently qualified undergraduate and are looking for the professional skills needed to obtain a job in a bioscience company
- are working in an organisation and want a Masters-level qualification to give you a competitive edge
- require the skills and experience needed to study for a research degree
- are an international student who would like to study abroad
- would like the chance for extended research work in the lab of an experienced research academic
- want to use cutting-edge facilities to develop your own learning and research.
Careers and employability
The vast majority of students from this Cell Biology Masters course progress onto relevant employment within their chosen field or study for a PhD. This is because they are able to develop extensive knowledge of their subject area as well as vital research skills. This knowledge is further enhanced by the research project which students can develop in their area of interest in depth.
You will gather together relevant practical skills throughout laboratory classes producing a training record. This can be presented to potential employers as proof of competence in a laboratory setting. It also provides you with experience of managing what is essentially a personal development portfolio, which is now a standard tool for monitoring progression and performance in a scientific career as well as out in the sector.
The University's award-winning Employability Team has an enviable reputation for helping our graduates find employment and offers individual consultations. Sessions are available to all students at NTU on CV writing and interview technique. Visit our Employability pages to find out more about the services they offer.
Although this course does not offer a formal placement, it is vocationally focused and benefits from strong links with industry.
- Research Methods and Bioethics
- Research Project
- Cell Culture and Antibody Technology
- Business and Enterprise
- Techniques in Macromolecular Analysis
- 12 days
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesBiology Genetics View 353 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- A UK honours degree (2.1 minimum) or higher qualification in a relevant discipline, plus laboratory experience gained through employment or an undergraduate research project
- Applicants with relevant employment experience or other relevant qualifications will also be considered
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 days.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 days.
Part-time UK/EU: £4,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.