The Education programme from Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick, which can be delivered on a full-time or part-time basis, covers theories, principles and practices in contemporary educational settings.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To advance knowledge and understandings of educational theories, principles and practices
- To develop critical and enquiring skills through conversation-building and high quality writing
- To foster confident researchers and educational leaders on the cusp of renewal and reform in education
Lectures on the full-time programme will take place on Friday evenings and Saturdays; M Ed Year 1 lectures on the part-time programme will take place on Saturdays. M Ed Year 2 lectures on the part-time programme will take place on Friday evenings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles and Practice of Research in Education
- Ensuring Criticality and Reflexivity in Educational Research Design
- Theory and Practice in Education
- Curriculum design, Development and Evaluation
- National and International Trends and Current Issues in Education
- Research and Practice Portfolio
- Applicants will be considered for direct entry into the M Ed programme on the basis of possession of a Primary Degree in Education (Level 8 NFQ) at a minimum of Honours 2.2. Applicants who have a 2.2 Honours degree in other disciplines may be considered if they have substantial and relevant professional experience
- Applicants for the full-time programme must provide an outline of the dissertation proposal (500 words) as part of their application. For further information relating to this please contact the Course Coordinator.
- For direct entry into Year 2 of the part-time programme, applicants will hold a Professional Development Graduate Diploma in Education (Level 9 NFQ) at a minimum of Honours 2.1.
- In cases where the applicant does not meet normal entry requirements, the applicant can be assessed on prior learning in line with University policy and procedures on the Recognition of Prior Learning.
International11433 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11433 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5729 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5729 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- EU/EEA: € 4,403
- NON-EU/EEA: € 8,781
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.