Although MIC is currently closed due to the COVID-19 crisis, applications for MA / PhD in Education by Research are continuing to be administered remotely. Therefore, please proceed with all planned applications as per the usual process.
Start your Research Journey
- Prospective Education by Research postgraduates at Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick are encouraged to explore the research interests of the relevant department and to discuss their own ideas for research proposals with the respective Departments Heads or other faculty at MIC as appropriate.
Academic departments in the Faculty of Education are as follows:
- Learning, Society and Religious Education
- Language and Literacy Education
- Arts Education and Physical Education
- Reflective Pedagogy & Childhood Studies
- Educational Psychology, Inclusive and Special Education
- STEM Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
To meet commencement requirements, you must submit your application before the end of July or the end of November, as appropriate.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 10 other Masters in Educational Research in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The application form must also include any supporting documentation requested.
- In the case of non-native English speakers, a copy of IETLS is also required, or equivalent.
International8781 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8781 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4403 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4403 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.