Mary Immaculate College is pleased to announce a new postgraduate programme—the Master of Education in Religious Education—which will explore the rich and complex academic discipline of Religious Education (RE). RE plays an important role in developing religious literacy, identity and imagination; promoting creative and critical thinking; offering a space for questioning and reflection; and fostering spiritual development, respect, openness, empathy and justice.
The Religious Education programme from Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick will provide an opportunity for advanced study in the foundations, pedagogies, critical perspectives, contemporary issues and research in the field of religious education; enabling participants to reflect critically and creatively on the application of these insights to a variety of educational contexts.
The programme, designed for teachers and educators who want to augment their understanding of religious education in the contemporary classroom and become religious education leaders in their schools, offers a variety of experiences to build knowledge, competency and skills in religious education, framed within the primary level context.
This specialist postgraduate programme, offered by the Department of Learning, Society, and Religious Education, draws on the specialist expertise at Mary Immaculate College in the area of Religious Education and the complementary discipline of Theology and Religious Studies.
Students will undertake seven taught modules and complete a dissertation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Religious Education: Approaches, Policy and Contexts
- Religious Education and Inter-Belief Dialogue
- Religious Education and the Search for God
- Scripture and the Sacraments
- The Christian Vision of the Human Person and its implications for Education
- Principles and Practice of Research in Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Islamic Studies
- Applicants should hold a First or Second Class Honours undergraduate degree (Level 8, NQF) in a relevant or cognate discipline and/or have evidence of relevant experience and extensive prior learning in the discipline.
- Applications are welcome from teachers and educators who are interested or involved in religious education across a variety of educational settings.
International7625 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7625 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3825 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3825 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.