Taught in five modules, the Autism Studies from Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick uses combination of face-to-face and online teaching methods. The modules are taught by experienced professionals from both MIC and Middletown Centre for Autism and will explore overlapping areas from experiential, educational, supportive and behavioural perspectives.
- Mary Immaculate is a College of Education and the Liberal Arts and has been providing teacher education. Mary Immaculate has considerable experience and expertise in the provision of teacher education in the area of Special and Inclusive Education including autism. The College’s Department of Educational Psychology, Inclusive and Special Education is led by Dr Patricia Daly, who is a co-organiser of this course on autism.
- Middletown Centre for Autism is funded by the Department of Education and Skills and the Department of Education in Northern Ireland to promote excellence in the education of people with autism. As such, the Centre works on a referral basis with children who have complex needs in school and the Centre is one of the main providers of training for parents and educational professionals in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The one-year Level 9 Graduate Certificate in Autism Studies is accredited by the University of Limerick.
- Visual Learning Styles
- Anxiety Management
- Promotion of an Autism-Competent Environment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Autism Studies (GCAS) provides candidates with 30 ECTS/60 CAT points.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 13 other Masters in Special Education in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's Degree, a level 8 qualification or equivalent in any discipline is required for or equivalent in any discipline is required for entry to this programme.
- Applicants for whom English is not a first language must provide evidence of their proficiency level English in the form of an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) composite score of 6.5 – 7.0 with no less than 6.0 in any one component, or IELTS equivalent accepted by UL. Such applicants will also be required to undergo an interview through English.
International4930 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4930 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2455 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2455 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.