The aims of the Modern English Literature course from Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick are:
- To widen and deepen student's knowledge and appreciation of English literature and contemporary critical theory
- To familiarise students with traditional and modern technological sources for research in English literature
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills required for doctoral studies
- To enhance students' career opportunities
Numbers each year are capped at 10 so that individual attention is guaranteed. All students are required to take six modules and submit a thesis. Part-time students may also be admitted but in their case completion of the programme will take two years.
Modules will be delivered on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the academic year from 4-6pm.
Potential career options include but are not limited to:
Teaching at primary and/or post-primary level; entry to PhD programmes; technical writing; journalism; media work; copyediting; civil service; web editing; academic administration, magazine publishing (hard copies and online editions); advertising and marketing; arts administration; library administration; teaching English language and literature in other countries; Human Resources; digital copywriter; lexicographer; online editor; webmaster; social media administrator/editor/manager; research administrator; researcher; information officer; instructional design; Irish heritage studies; genealogical studies; tourism; public relations; commerce journalist; digital education coordinator; online and blended learning administrator/manager/content provider; digital teacher; digital marketing; corporate blogger; market researcher; policy analyst; search engine optimiser and data analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modernism Texts and Contexts
- Postcolonial Literature and Theory
- The Value of Literary and Cultural Theory
- Research Methodology
- Poetics and Politics of Irish Identity
- Modern American Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLiterature Digital Marketing Linguistics
- 2:1 or First class honours degree
- Applicants with work experience, or other suitable qualifications, may be able to enter the course. Applicants may be required to attend for interview. A minor thesis proposal should be submitted with the application.
International9326 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9326 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA4675 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4675 EUR per year during 12 months.
Part time tuition fees:
- EU - 3,257 EUR per year.
- NON-EU - 6,489 EUR per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.