The focus of the programme is on policy and policymaking in the energy and climate space as the key to enabling change and creating a regulatory environment in which the low-carbon energy systems of the future can flourish.By studying this degree, you will:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the scholarly literature of more than one discipline that constitutes the field of global energy and climate policy (e.g. public policy, diplomatic studies, international politics, and political economy)
- Have understood and assimilated the main features of the landscape of modern energy and climate policy;
- Understand the relationship between theory and policy in the energy and climate change field
- Gain a particular familiarity with the roles and capabilities of both state and non-state actors in a global, multi-level system
The Global Energy and Climate Policy programme from University of London will prepare you for a variety of roles in NGOs, government departments, regulatory agencies, and international organisations (such as the OECD or WTO).
Become an advisor, manager, researcher or project professional with a multinational corporation, trade union or advocacy organisation.
What do employers think of our graduates?
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Energy and Climate Policy
- The Art of Negotiation
- America and the World: US Foreign Policy
- Diplomatic Systems
- Global International Organisation: United Nations in the World
- Global Public Policy
- Human and Critical Security Studies
- International Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Climate Studies & Meteorology View 6 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need either a bachelor degree in a relevant discipline from an institution acceptable to the University or relevant education and work experience that comprises suitable training for the programme.
- If you have a qualification in an unrelated subject or an unconventional career path with diverse work experience, we will consider your application on its own merits.
International12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.