The Applied Accounting programme from De Montfort University will be both quantitative and qualitative and reflect the increasing internationalisation of business. There will be an emphasis on the application of accounting and finance techniques, underpinned by the relevant UK law and regulations and international standards.
Reasons to study Applied Accounting MSc at DMU:
- Gain practical accounting skills - Strongly linked to accounting in a practical environment and to the role of finance trained staff within the economy.
- Get workplace ready - Employability skills will be simultaneously developed to aid progression from study to employment.
- Specialise in areas of your choice - Specialise in relevant areas of practice such as tax advise and audit which will permit you to consider areas of interest in more depth through a range of elective modules.
- Close links with employers and professional accounting bodies providing you with opportunities for industry relevant sessions to enhance your employability
- The Department of Accounting and Finance is committed to providing a high quality educational experience focusing on teaching excellence through diverse approaches to learning, teaching and assessment that enable all students to maximise their potential.
- Learn key skills to help you in the future - The programme is designed to reflect the requirements of the ACCA professional papers.
- Learn from industry professionals - The core taught modules will be delivered by professionally qualified accountants who have years of industry experience and teaching students to pass ACCA exams.
We aim to deliver courses that prepare students for today’s competitive job market. Our range of real-world placements and strong links with employers has helped DMU enter the top 25 UK universities for graduate employment.
Support also extends beyond the classroom and includes employment fairs, graduate internships, enterprise support and a whole range of careers advice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Ethics and Compliance
- Strategic Corporate Reporting
- Research Methods
- Knowing and Developing Yourself for Professoinal Success
- Advanced Busines Strategy and Leadership
- Further Taxation
- Further Audit and Assurance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 702 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance related subjects with a minimum pass of a Second Class Honours, an equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Students who do not align with the generic admission requirements may be eligible for admission via the Recognition of Prior Learning.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.