The Applied Accounting programme from De Montfort University will be both quantitative and qualitative and reflect the increasing internationalisation of business. There will be an emphasis on the application of accounting and finance techniques, underpinned by the relevant UK law and regulations and international standards.
Reasons to study Applied Accounting MSc at DMU:
- Gain practical accounting skills Strongly linked to accounting in a practical environment and to the role of finance trained staff within the economy.
- Get workplace ready Employability skills will be simultaneously developed to aid progression from study to employment.
- Specialise in areas of your choice Specialise in relevant areas of practice such as tax advise and audit which will permit you to consider areas of interest in more depth through a range of elective modules.
- Close links with employers and professional accounting bodies providing you with opportunities for industry relevant sessions to enhance your employability
- The Department of Accounting and Finance is committed to providing a high quality educational experience focusing on teaching excellence through diverse approaches to learning, teaching and assessment that enable all students to maximise their potential.
We aim to deliver courses that prepare students for today’s competitive job market. Our range of real-world placements and strong links with employers has helped DMU enter the top 25 UK universities for graduate employment.
Support also extends beyond the classroom and includes employment fairs, graduate internships, enterprise support and a whole range of careers advice.
While students would not be able to be exempt from ACCA professional level examinations papers (P papers) the syllabus for the corresponding DMU MSc Applied Accounting modules map directly to the ACCA syllabus. This will allow students to prepare for the ACCA examinations at the same time as completing the MSc Applied Accountings degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business Ethics and Compliance
- Strategic Corporate Reporting
- Research Methods
- Knowing and Developing Yourself for Professional Success
- Advanced Busines Strategy and Leadership
- Further Taxation
- Further Audit and Assurance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is important that you send your application as soon as possible.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 245 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking or Economics related subjects with a minimum pass of a Second-Class Honours, an equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification.
- You must have studied Audit and Taxation modules as part of your undergraduate degree or ACCA applied skills level.
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.