Discover how the air transport business works and enhance your understanding of dynamic sector. The Air Transport Management MSc programme from De Montfort University has been developed by two leading aviation academics in conjunction with industry partners, to offer a critical, comprehensive and practical understanding of the structure and operation of the international air transport industry. It has been designed to equip future leaders with a range of transferrable and analytical skills that can be directly applied in the workplace.
You will study the many strands to airline operations, including licensing, scheduling, fleet planning, aircraft acquisition, and dealing with irregular operations. You will explore the management and operations of Airports and the key challenges facing the Airport sector, and gain insight business models and strategies that determine the future of the airline industry. You can also tailor the programme to reflect your particular interests or career aspirations through an elective module, and through focus on a particular area of air transport management in your dissertation or business research project.
The programme is suited to both recent graduates and those with existing professional experience who wish to expand their knowledge of the commercial air transport industry. Graduates from this course may choose to pursue roles within airlines, airport operators, air cargo companies, air navigation service providers, national regulators, government agencies and aviation consultancy firms.
You will develop an advanced understanding of air transport issues both nationally and internationally, and enhance your career prospects in a range of potential careers such as: Airlines, air cargo logistics companies, national aviation regulators, consultants, air traffic control, travel and tourism industry, marketing and further educational studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Business of Air Transport
- Air Transport Economics
- Airline Marketing and Operations
- Airport Planning and Operations
- Airport Management
- Airline Business Strategy
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMarketing Transport Management Transportation Engineering View 422 other Masters in Marketing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants will normally hold a minimum of a second class honours degree from a UK University (or international equivalent) in air transport, geography, engineering, economics, tourism, international business, management or a related subject.
- Relevant industrial experience will also be considered on an individual basis.
- Download and complete the international application form
- A copy of your qualifications
- A copy of your English language certificate
- A personal statement of at least 500 words explaining why you want to study your chosen course at DMU and any additional information that will support your application
- A copy of your passport
- Two references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU: £14,600
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.