This postgraduate degree provides the grounding you need to begin a fulfilling career advocating for and protecting others. You'll cover wide-ranging subjects and issues in human rights and graduate as a skilled, knowledgeable and employable practitioner.
Future careersThis Applied Human Rights course at Sheffield Hallam University prepares you for a career in
- human rights law
- policy or development work
- human rights advocacy
- academia or teaching
- non-government organisations (NGOs)
- local and central government services
- research and development organisations
- Human Rights In The 21St Century
- Principles Of Human Rights And Social Justice
- Researching Human Rights
- The Human Rights Approach And Project Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics International Law Civil & Private Law View 243 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Sheffield Hallam University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Typically a 2.2 honours degree or above in human rights, law, social science, politics, international development or a related humanities disciplines.
- We also welcome those who have relevant professional experience and those who wish to apply the practical realisation of human rights within their professional field.
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9910 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.