This Molecular Microbiology course at Sheffield Hallam University has been designed to respond to the increasing need for highly skilled microbiologists across a range of industries. You'll undertake the critical task of translating basic laboratory medical research into clinical and commercial applications.
This course prepares you for a career in
- academic research
- the industrial biotechnology sector
- the health biotechnology sector
- PhD study
- the pharmaceutical industry
- food and beverage industries
- Advanced Applications In Microbial Biotechnology
- Applied Laboratory Practice
- Case Studies In Infectious Disease
- Fundamentals Of Microbial Biotechnology
- Fundamentals Of Molecular Microbiology
- Microbial Pathogenesis
- Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMicrobiology Molecular Sciences View 116 other Masters in Microbiology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Sheffield Hallam University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:1 in a relevant Honours degree is normally accepted as the entry requirement for the course. Applicants with a 2:2 are also actively encouraged to apply and will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants with alternative qualifications with academic attainment or skills in subjects which are directly relevant to the course will also be considered.
- If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent.
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9910 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.