- Designed so that graduate engineers can fulfil the educational requirements of the CEng Standard.
- Develop a rigorous understanding of engineering design methodology; modern design tactics and practice, and the theory of technical systems.
- Acquire deeper understanding of computer-aided engineering techniques; the modelling and analysis of engineering systems, and verification, validation and optimisation techniques.
- Deepen your knowledge and understanding of a technological subject or aspect of professional practice that is pertinent to your own professional development needs.
- demonstrate innovation and creativity involving a complex engineering problem in your dissertation project.
- Exploit the broad range of engineering research and technical facilities of the University.
- Advance your professional competency and work place readiness.
- Study over one year full time or two years part time.
Advanced Engineering Design programme offered at University of Plymouth , will enable you to develop your career to an advanced level of design management in most industrial sectors. It will also support your progression to registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Engineering Research Methods and Professional Development
Computer Aided Engineering
Advanced Materials Engineering & Nanotechnology
Advanced Engineering Design Practice
Advanced Engineering Design Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Industrial Design Design View 73 other Masters in Industrial Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 BEng (Hons) degree or a 2:1 BSc (Hons) degree in mechanical engineering or other closely related discipline, with a demonstrable aptitude for design from workplace experience or study.
- If you have considerable professional experience and can evidence an academic ability to undergraduate degree levels you may also be considered.
- If you have overseas qualifications you can check your comparability with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
- If your first language is not English then evidence of English proficiency is required. The level of proficiency that is required can vary with the type of programme for which you are applying. The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Part time (Home) £500 per 10 credits
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.