- Designed so that graduate engineers can fulfil the educational requirements of the CEng Standard.
- Develop a rigorous understanding of engineering design methodology; modern design tactics and practice, and the theory of technical systems.
- Acquire deeper understanding of computer-aided engineering techniques; the modelling and analysis of engineering systems, and verification, validation and optimisation techniques.
- Deepen your knowledge and understanding of a technological subject or aspect of professional practice that is pertinent to your own professional development needs.
- demonstrate innovation and creativity involving a complex engineering problem in your dissertation project.
- Exploit the broad range of engineering research and technical facilities of the University.
- Advance your professional competency and work place readiness.
- Study over one year full time or two years part time.
Advanced Engineering Design programme offered at University of Plymouth, will enable you to develop your career to an advanced level of design management in most industrial sectors. It will also support your progression to registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Engineering Research Methods and Professional Development
Computer Aided Engineering
Advanced Materials Engineering & Nanotechnology
Advanced Engineering Design Practice
Advanced Engineering Design Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Industrial Design Design View 145 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 BEng (Hons) degree or a 2:1 BSc (Hons) degree in mechanical engineering or other closely related discipline, with a demonstrable aptitude for design from workplace experience or study.
- If you have considerable professional experience and can evidence an academic ability to undergraduate degree levels you may also be considered.
- If you have overseas qualifications you can check your comparability with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
- If your first language is not English then evidence of English proficiency is required. The level of proficiency that is required can vary with the type of programme for which you are applying. The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
International16200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time (Home) £500 per 10 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.