Consistently ranked by Eduniversal among the top master’s courses in Western Europe, the Master’s in Law and Financial Markets offers students the challenge of an innovative set of courses in law and finance, opportunities to meet and network with leading financial institutions, to gain hands-on experience through an internship in a financial institution and to benefit from an international experience at a top university in Europe or beyond, through NOVA School of Law’s membership of the Themis Network.
This Law and Financial Markets Program offered by Universidade Nova de Lisboa aims to deepen law graduate’s mastery of the law, particularly in those fields that have the closest bearing on financial markets and investments, as well as providing an insight into the organization and functioning of the general financial system, and the three main financial markets: banking, insurance and capital markets.
The Program offers an opportunity to acquire key financial analysis and evaluation skills of the main financial instruments traded on the capital markets and to identify intervention strategies in capital markets. The Program aims to stimulate a critical and interdisciplinary approach to knowledge, providing lawyers with the necessary tools to solve complex problems or issue judgments on situations of incomplete information.
- Banking Law
- Financial Markets and Investments
- Insurance Law
- Financial Instruments Law
- Banking and Insurance Operations
- Principles of Corporate Finance
- Risk Management in Financial Contracts
- Regulation and Supervision of Financial Markets
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Marketing Master of Laws (LLM) View 10 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of the application form (online);
- Payment of the application fee using the ATM or PayPal reference provided through the submission procedure (51.00€);
- Online submission of the following documents: motivation letter, curriculum vitae (European model), copy of the course(s) certificate(s); copy of the tax number identification card; copy of the Identification Card;
- Applicants conditioned upon the conclusion of the bachelor’s degree must submit an interim academic transcript showing the subjects already completed with their final grades, and the degree, the institution, expected average and the conclusion date. In addition, a statement from the institution of higher education where they are attending the degree should be submitted, proving their academic situation;
- Applicants with foreign qualifications must send an academic transcript or a declaration with the final average of the degree;
International3150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA3150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition Fee for the taught component - National & International Student: 4300.00€;
- Tuition Fee for the Non-curricular phase - National & International Student: 2000.00€;
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.