Each clinical module includes hands-on consultant time to ensure you’ll have the understanding and confidence to carry out taught restorative techniques. The MSc Periodontology course is offered at University of Plymouth.
- Choose your own learning journey – complete 60 credits and receive a PG Certificate in Periodontology. 120 credits will give you a PG Diploma and the maximum 180 credits will reward you with a full MSc in Periodontology. The cost of each module is £5000.
- Balance existing work commitments with flexible study opportunities. Each module consists of 300 total learning hours – 80 hours of direct contact and 220 hours in own practice preparing cases.
- Benefit from hands-on consultant time for each clinical module – put your knowledge into practice and gain experience and confidence.
- High-quality teaching – learn from an experienced team of consultants in restorative dentistry and by respected visiting specialist clinicians and teachers of periodontology.
- Grow in confidence and experience with the programme – learn and understand the foundations of periodontology and develop your knowledge and skills with more advanced skills, focusing on surgery in Year 2.
- Boost your future career prospects and the quality of care you can offer to your patients and produce a dissertation to complete the masters - design, conduct, evaluate and write up a project on a topic relevant to periodontology.
- Accredited by The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
Careers with this subject:
This programme allows dentists to increase their clinical skills, knowledge and ability while enhancing professional satisfaction. It assists practitioners preparing portfolios for Fellowship of the Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK) award. Subject to local NHS requirements, it may assist the development of dentists who wish to develop enhanced skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Periodontology
- Periodontology in Practice
- Periodontal Surgery
- Advanced Implantology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 930 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- As a graduate, you should be in practice (Dentistry) in the UK or EU whilst undertaking the programme, and hold full General Dental Council (GDC) registration as a dental practitioner. You should also have full professional indemnity and normally at least two years of clinical experience. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, subject to fulfilling the above requirements.
- If your first language is not English you will be required to provide evidence of competence in English language.
- We welcome applicants with international qualifications.
International8333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National8333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.