The Master in Law and Technology at Universidade Nova de Lisboa is designed to prepare lawyers for the most advanced areas of technology (artificial intelligence, robotics, blockchain), with a wide range of subjects, from data protection and management, intellectual property, digital contracts and cybersecurity to the challenges of governance and regulation, fintech, and programming for lawyers.
The course content also relates to business and entrepreneurship, including Startup Lifecycle, as well as corporate management and tax frameworks.
- To prepare lawyers for the Digital Economy, with knowledge of technological reality, ethical and legal frameworks, and the social and economic impacts of innovation;
- To prepare lawyers to support technology companies in the various aspects of their activity;
- To advise on the regulation of innovative ideas and to develop cutting-edge business structures in the technological areas.
Given its innovative, vanguardist and versatile features, the Master in Law – Specialization in Law and Technology opens up to students a vast array of job opportunities in the most diverse areas that intertwine Law and Technology, notably dedicated practices of law firms, supervisory authorities or other governmental agencies (particularly, in the technology, financial and energy sector) – from start-ups to established large economic groups
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Protection and Management Law
- Emerging Technologies: Governance and Regulation
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Tax Law
- Legal English
- Life Sciences Law
- Energy Law
- Law and Technology
Graduates in Law or in related fields, and professionals who wish to deepen their legal knowledge of technological matters. Innovative and entrepreneurial students are welcome.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLegal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) Artificial Intelligence View 4 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of the application form (online);
- Payment of the application fee using the ATM or Paypal reference provided through the submission procedure (51.00€);
- Online submission of the following documents: motivation letter, curriculum vitae (European model), copy of the course(s) certificate(s); copy of the tax number identification card; copy of the Identification Card;
- Applicants conditioned upon the conclusion of the bachelor’s degree must submit an interim academic transcript showing the subjects already completed with their final grades, and the degree, the institution, expected average and the conclusion date. In addition, a statement from the institution of higher education where they are attending the degree should be submitted, proving their academic situation;
- Applicants with foreign qualifications must send an academic transcript or a declaration with the final average of the degree;
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6200 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA3100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6200 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Annual fee for the taught component: 4200€
- Non-curricular phase, one year: 2,000.00€
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.