Operating within an increasingly transnational and globalized world requires legal knowledge that today is less focused on classical issues of public international law, and more on areas that focus on issues related to the internationalization of businesses and private/public transnational legal relationships, as well as human rights, humanitarian law and new developments in international criminal law. European integration is part of the new geopolitical environment.
This explains the focus of the International and European Law at Universidade Nova de Lisboa on several areas of European Union law such as the freedom of movement of people and the European jurisdictional system.
It is crucial for a lawyer to be familiar with the diverse and increasingly vast areas of International Law and European Union Law in order to successfully address the theoretical and practical challenges they face.
Building on the knowledge acquired in the bachelor’s degree in the fields of International Law, this Master in Law develops the interdisciplinary nature of both International and European Law, namely in the area of the protection of human rights. It addresses the development of skills in scientific research, and prepares students for their professional life.
- Business, Human Rights and Sustainability
- Data Protection and Management Law
- Diplomatic and Consular Law
- Human Rights International Protection Systems
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Tax Law
- Legal English
- Transitional Justice
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of the application form (online);
- Payment of the application fee using the ATM or Paypal reference provided through the submission procedure (51.00€);
- Online submission of the following documents: motivation letter, curriculum vitae (European model), copy of the course(s) certificate(s); copy of the tax number identification card; copy of the Identification Card;
- Applicants conditioned upon the conclusion of the bachelor’s degree must submit an interim academic transcript showing the subjects already completed with their final grades, and the degree, the institution, expected average and the conclusion date. In addition, a statement from the institution of higher education where they are attending the degree should be submitted, proving their academic situation;
- Applicants who do not report the final grade average, expected or completed will be graded with a minimum score of 10 on the 0-20 scale.
International3150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA3150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition Fee for the taught component - National & International Student: 4300.00€;
- Tuition Fee for the Non-curricular phase - National & International Student: 2000.00
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.