As a Physician Associate you’ll work in the NHS under the supervision of doctors and alongside healthcare professionals, delivering care to patients. Studying the MSc Physician Associate Studies course at University of Plymouth , you’ll be equipped for a career that’ll be both rewarding and challenging.
- 100% graduate pass rate at National Certification Examination
- Experience an integrated curriculum designed to prepare you for clinical practice
- Sharpen your skills on this intensive programme which uses multiple forms of teaching and learning methods to support your personal and professional development
- Benefit from early patient contact from the first weeks, continuing and increasing throughout the programme, ensuring that your personal, practical and professional development is patient-centred
- Clinical placements with key NHS partners across the South West
- Access highly-developed teaching resources
- Learn and practice clinical skills in our advanced and dedicated clinical skills centre, including using high-fidelity simulation
- Advance your understanding with fully integrated clinical skill development and clinical placements throughout the programme
- Spend time learning with medical students and other allied healthcare professions
- Join one of England’s top four medical schools and make a difference to patient care
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations in Clinical Medicine
- Clinical, Diagnostic and Communication Skills
- Personal and Professional Development
- Evidence-Based Practice and Research Methods
- Evidence in Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for postgraduate programmes of study can usually be made throughout the year.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1749 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Plymouth and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A recognised first degree (2:1 or above) in a life science, biomedical science, or healthcare subject (from the list below); or current healthcare professionals educated to honours degree level (2:1 or above). To be accompanied by a minimum period of 2 weeks consecutive clinical setting exposure. Relevant ‘on course’ placement experience would count towards this exposure target. Alternatively, experience of working in a setting with customer contact, and 10 days clinical attachment experience in a hospital or general practice setting would also be considered.
- A recognised first degree (2:2 or above) in a life science, biomedical science, or healthcare subject (from the list below); or current healthcare professionals educated to honours degree level (2:2 or above). To be accompanied by a minimum period of 12 consecutive months clinical setting exposure.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.