Run with the collaborative partner Diploma MSc, this Clinical Psychiatry (Online Delivery) masters course from University of South Wales is a progression from the Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychiatry, and on completion of the course you will receive a Masters in Clinical Psychiatry from the University of South Wales.
This course will enable those working in primary care or specialist units to take a specialist interest in clinical psychiatry and ultimately improve their care for patients displaying psychiatric symptoms
There is high prevalence of mental health symptoms that present in general practice. Mental illness accounts for a large burden of disease with approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK likely to experience a mental health problem each year. Therefore, in clinical practice it is highly likely that the first presentation and follow up of those suffering from mental health conditions will be assessed and managed in general practice, or by non-psychiatrists in primary or secondary care.
Therefore, healthcare professionals on the front line, including primary care and specialist units, need to be equipped with the skills and specialist knowledge to deal with mental health patients confidently and effectively. This course will provide you with that knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Module One - Research Methodologies and Critical Appraisal
- Module Two - Professional Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 183 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To secure your place on the course, applicants will typically hold a first degree or equivalent (including international qualifications) in a relevant professional healthcare field, such as a medical or nursing degree.
- Registered healthcare professionals without these recognised qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and a wide range of prior experience may be taken into account.
- In some cases, applicants may be asked to submit a piece of work for assessment in order to confirm that they are able to work comfortably at postgraduate level, and demonstrate the requisite clinical and professional knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8400 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8400 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.