Why study LLM/PGDip/PGCert International Business Law at Middlesex University?
At the International Business Law LLM/PGDip/PGCert offered at the Middlesex University you will deepen and broaden your knowledge of law as an academic subject; acquiring systematic understanding of legal processes, methods and concepts, of the social and political context in which legal processes take place and of appropriate theoretical conceptions of law.
Ultimately, by maximising your academic potential and refining your problem-solving skills in a transnational context through the acquisition of systematic and critical understanding of complex legal, economic, cultural, ethical and political issues informing international trade relations and transnational business you will enhance your professional development and horizons.
The research and writing skills you gain will be transferable to a variety of professional sectors, including the legal profession, policymaking, corporate sector, governmental bodies or academia.
In the School of Law at Middlesex University we have assembled a team of globally-respected academics who provide not only insight and practical direction but access to a considerable network of contacts and connections, notably for internship opportunities within international and domestic organisations.
Among them are Dr Lijun Zhao who specialises on international trade and maritime law; Mariette Jones whose research and teaching focuses on company law and corporate governance; and Dr Nadia Bernaz, as our expert in business and human rights law.
- Advance your knowledge of international business law in a fast-changing global marketplace and an ever-globalised world
- Study with teaching staff who are engaged in major research across relevant fields of law, from international sale of goods to law and policy of the WTO and international commercial litigation and arbitration
- Learn alongside students from across the globe in one of the world's greatest cities
This programme prepares students for a wide range of careers in public and private sector organisations, multinational companies and inter-governmental bodies requiring specialist knowledge in private and public international law frameworks regulating commercial and trade transactions, as well as mechanisms involved in the resolution of commercial disputes. Previous graduates have also continued their higher education studies via a PhD.
- Legal Research Skills
- Law of the International Sale of Goods
- Law and Policy of the World Trade Organisation
- International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- International Organisations and the International Dispute Resolution
- International Maritime Law
- English Commercial Law
- Comparative Corporate Governance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesInternational Law Business Law Master of Laws (LLM)
- The University's standard entry requirement consists of a Law degree at 2:2 or Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE
- Graduates in related disciplines, with law minors or with relevant professional experience or qualifications may be admitted subject to the programme leader's discretion
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.