This contemporary MSc Human Nutrition degree at University of Plymouth is designed to develop professionals with a broad range of skills in human nutrition who are equipped to manage and lead in a range of dynamic settings, such as public health nutrition, health promotion, sports nutrition, the media, research and government.
- Designed for graduates with a non-nutrition background, this full time programme will provide you with a new and alternative career pathway.
- Train to become an evidence based nutrition professional equipped to manage and lead in dynamic settings.
- The only programme of this type in the south-west region.
- Delivered by a team with extensive experience in the delivery of masters level modules and a diverse range of expertise in nutrition, public health, research, sports nutrition and physiology. The team have external recognition for the quality of feedback to support student learning.
- The programme will be accredited with the Association for Nutrition (AfN) allowing students who have completed the masters to apply for direct entry at associate level to the UK Voluntary Register of Nutritionists (UKVRN).
- Focuses on public health nutrition and disease prevention at the local, national and international level.
- Develop an advanced knowledge and understanding of current and topical issues in sports nutrition and apply them to current practice utilising links with local sporting partnerships.
- Engage with local AfN registrants who will provide curriculum enrichment, local expertise and knowledge of future career pathways.
- Research informed teaching will be embedded throughout the curriculum.
- Issues around sustainability of nutrition will be threaded throughout the programme.
- Gain a core understanding of professional practice and ethics, elements of which are embedded within the programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Nutrition
- Applied Epidemiology
- Applied Sports Nutrition
- Project Design for Research
Public Health Nutrition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications for this programme should be made by the end of July in the academic year that you wish to commence studying.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1117 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You need to have a BSc (Hons) degree at 2:2 or above or European first cycle equivalent in a science or social science subject.
- You need to have an equivalent BSc (Hons) degree at 2:2 or above or European first cycle equivalent in a science or social science subject.
- International students must also provide evidence of competence in written and spoken English in accordance with the University of Plymouth's Admissions Code of Practice and requirements set out by the AfN, This will be a minimum overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of at least 6.0 in each element and a mean score of 6.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10100 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.