Why study MSc/PGDip/PGCert Biomedical Science (Medical Immunology) at Middlesex University?
This Biomedical Science (Medical Immunology) MSc/PGDip/PGCert at the Middlesex University will provide you with the necessary framework and vocabulary in essential and advanced aspects of Immunology. Additionally, you will gain the expertise in a range of analytical and technical skills that will equip you to pursue a range of career options. These may include employment within the health service, pharmaceutical industry and education, or, to proceed to further scientific training or research.
As part of this programme you will also carry out a research project with a focus on Immunology supervised by research-active experts in the area. This course is designed for those students who have previously studied a related subject in Biomedical Science at university level or who have a basic knowledge of Immunology and are looking to develop an advanced mastery of the subject.
- You will undertake a research project with the supervision of experts in the field. This may lead to inclusion on a scientific publication
- External lecturers are brought in to teach their expert areas allowing you the possibility to form links with institutions outside of Middlesex University
- Following the recent REF2014, research at Middlesex was ranked as close to the top third for research power across the entire sector and the best modern university in London for research power.
- A master’s degree is an important means for health care professionals to develop the skills necessary to progress from specialist practitioner (BMS Band 6) to higher specialist practitioner (currently BMS Band 7).
- A qualification at Master’s level is increasingly becoming a requirement for progression via a PhD into a research career. Possession of the MSc degree is likely to enhance your marketability in academic research, pharmaceutical research and development and Education.
- This programme is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Scientists (IBMS) which is the leading professional body for Biomedical Scientists.
- Advanced Bioanalytical Techniques
- Biomedical Ethics and Law
- Experimental Design and Statistics
- Immunoassays and Immunotherapeutics
- Laboratory Leadership and Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Immunology View 272 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- It is required that you have a second class honours degree 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9600 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.