Why study MA Human Resource Management and Development (CIPD Accredited) at Middlesex University?
Middlesex University has been providing HR professional education, in one form or another, making Middlesex (and its predecessor institutions) one of the longest established providers of HR professional education in the UK. The current MA HRM&D is the most recent incarnation of this history. The Human Resource Management and Development (CIPD Accredited) MA/PGDip/PGCert at the Middlesex University is taught by a team of academic experts informed by research and professional practice.
- Student membership of the CIPD for the duration of the taught part of the course is paid for as part of your fees
- As part of the innovative “Principles of People Management and Development” students will attend a Residential Weekend event (normally in January), incorporating workshops and activities to develop personal and professional practice. This is paid for as part of your fees)
- Your fees also include the provision of free e-book for every module on the course.
- The course provides you with an understanding of fundamental topics such as principles of people management and development, reward management, organisation development, leadership, coaching and mentoring, employee relations, and employee engagement
- Also linked to the “Principles of People Management and Development” module is the innovative People Leadership Network (PLN), linking students to alumni and others with external contacts.
- The PLN also offers opportunities – supported, though not included in fees – for further networking opportunities. Previous students have, for example, travelled to meet with Middlesex University HRM students at our Dubai campus for a network event.
- The course is taught by academics who have close links with the CIPD, and/or who have researched and published on employment law, employment relations, reward and performance management, mentoring and professional development
- There are strong and robust student support structures within the University to ensure you receive help when you need it
Enhanced understanding of people management and development within organisations, as well as the development of core competencies, can enhance your career in human resource management. The ability to challenge traditional views and assumptions, as well as embracing innovation are highly valued skills in the profession. Careers specific to people and HR management include:
- HR Business Partner
- HR Consultant
- Training Manager
- Employment Relations Adviser
- The course is accredited to Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) professional standards allowing Associate Membership of the CIPD upon graduation.
- Principles of People Management and Development Practice
- Metrics, Analytics and Data
- People Management and Development in Business
- Applied Dissertation
- Reward Management
- Performance Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesManagement Studies International Development Human Resource Management View 380 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Middlesex University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- It is required that you have a second class honours degree 2:2 or above in an appropriate subject with an applied quantitative element
- Candidates with other degrees are welcome to apply provided they can demonstrate appropriate levels of experience
- Candidates without formal qualifications need to demonstrate relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
International16800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
In order for us to give you accurate scholarship information, we ask that you please confirm a few details and create an account with us.
Below you will find Master's scholarship opportunities for Human Resource Management and Development (CIPD Accredited).
You are eligible to apply for these scholarships but a selection process will still be applied by the provider.