Today virtually every aspect of modern life depends on the integrity, reliability and efficiency of computer networks – from personal communication to the functioning of the world's economy – which is why the sector is experiencing major investment and qualified professionals are in huge demand.
This Computer Networks and Network Design MSc course at the Middlesex University gives you an in-depth understanding of computer network design, implementation and optimisation. You will focus on network design and construction, programming and operating systems, and network troubleshooting in a business environment. You will also explore cloud-based networks, modern data centres, virtualisation and distributed storage.
You’ll be gain experience in modelling, monitoring and analysing networks in various situations as well as simulating performance and availability to configure for optimum performance. In addition to the expertise you will develop, the course will also improve your mathematical, problem solving, teamwork, communication, time management and critical skills.
- Spend a minimum of 78 hours gaining practical experience in our industry-standard networking labs
- We encourage students to explore new concepts and developments and were delighted when three of our students were crowned winners at the Young Professional Engineering Challenge
- Middlesex University is an official Cisco Academy licensed to provide CNNA certification training and equipped with the latest industry-standard equipment
- The strong research profile ensures our courses remain innovative. We have developed our own WSN, Senso LAB, and have also undertaken notable research in areas such as MIMO, LTE and LTE Advanced
- Course Leader Aboubaker Lasebae is a former design engineer at the Research and Development Centre in Tripoli
- The course is suitable for both recent graduates and IT professionals who wish to further their knowledge
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
This course will leave you perfectly placed for a role as a training specialist, university lecturer, systems dispenser or business analysis manager. Many of our graduates have gone straight into employment in the networking and communications industry and are working in programming, telecommunications engineering or network management. Or why not consider starting your own your business?Graduates have gone onto achieve many successes since leaving Middlesex and a number have even started working for large companies such as:
- Halcrow Group
- Cyberspace Network
- AK Electronics
- One Hundred Computers
- Pilat Media
- F5 Networks
- Computer Networks and Internetworking
- Enterprise Network Troubleshooting
- Operating Systems and Application Environments
- Network Design and Performance Evaluation
- Network Security and Mechanisms
- Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
- Individual PG Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 197 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 honours degree or above in computer science, science or engineering.
- The equivalent of the above qualification from a recognised overseas qualification will also be accepted.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £14,500
- Part-time: £67 per credit; £33 per dissertation credit
- Part-time: £97 per credit; £48 per dissertation credit
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.