You will gain skills in IoT, smart technologies, open data, 3D fabrication, augmented reality and virtual reality complimented by core teaching in urban design, planning and placemaking.
Through a design lab approach, you will develop digital prototyping and place-making projects that respond to the opportunities and needs of digital living, transport, health, mobility, governance and sustainability in a holistic approach to smart urban futures. The MA Smart Urban Futures is offered by University of Plymouth .
- Study a unique MA in the emerging field of smart urban futures.
- Develop a digital and spatial skill set that synthesises digital and smart programming and urban design and planning skills.
- Learn to address real urban challenges through a design lab approach.
- Undertake co-design working within multidisciplinary teams with external partners.
- Engage with an MA that delivers innovation through a socially responsible approach.
- Benefit from a programme embedded within research excellence of smart cities and digital art and technology with internationally recognised academics.
- Access state-of-the-art equipment including immersive visualisation and fabrication lab.
- Career development and employability are integral to the course through partnerships with industry and public sector partners.
Careers with this subject:
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Invisible Architecture
- Design Lab P
- Futures Entrepreneurship
- Research Project/Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are ful
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Urban Planning View 285 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a 2:1 degree from a UK University or equivalent and evidence of a sustained engagement with the field. But we will consider students below 2:1 if they can demonstrate a strong academic portfolio or a record of professional experience. IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent required for overseas students.
- Applicants will be required to submit an outline of their experience together with a 500 word contextualisation statement. (If required, applicants may also be asked to attend an interview either in person or through a remote link up if international students).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- Part time (Home) £550 per 10 credits
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.