Why study LLM/PGDip/PGCert International Law at Middlesex University?
At the International Law LLM/PGDip/PGCert at the Middlesex University you will deepen and broaden your knowledge of law as an academic subject, acquiring a systematic understanding of legal processes, methods and concepts, of the social and political context in which legal processes take place and of appropriate theoretical conceptions of law.
Ultimately, by maximising your academic potential and refining your problem-solving skills in a transnational context you will enhance your professional development and horizons.
The research and writing skills you gain will be transferable to a variety of professional sectors, including the legal profession, policymaking, corporate sector, governmental bodies or academia.Middlesex University School of Law is truly international in its outlook, with our faculty comprising multilingual expert academics from across the globe. Influencers on the world stage, our academics include business and human rights expert Dr Nadia Bernaz, Associate Professor of International Law Dr Elvira Dominguez-Redondo and Professor of International Law William Schabas, who have both worked with the United Nations.
- Taught by leading experts in international law worldwide who represent different disciplines and legal traditions, this specialism opens the professional horizons of students to legal careers in any jurisdiction
- Gain a specialised and comprehensive knowledge in subjects related to international law, and advanced conceptual insights explaining the impact of international law on international relations and contemporary concerns such as globalisation, the use of armed force, transnational trade, terrorism, governance and the regulation of ownership over territory
- There may also be internship opportunities in national and international organisations such as the United Nations or in the European Human Rights Advocacy Centre on campus.
- This programme is attractive to students seeking to work as academics, practicing solicitors/barristers, policy advisors or other supporting roles in the professional sectors working in relevant areas concerning international law in multiple jurisdictions.
- This includes national governments, intergovernmental and non-governmental organisations, private firms, armed service or academia in a wide range of areas such as territorial disputes, armed conflict, human rights or maritime and commercial law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Law
- International Organisations and International Dispute Resolution
- Law and Policy of the World Trade Organisation
- Legal Research Skills
- International Whistleblowing Law and Practice
- Law of the International Sale of Goods
- Minority Rights and Indigenous Peoples in International Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies Master of Laws (LLM) View 353 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
- The University's standard entry requirement consists of a Law degree at 2:2 or Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE
- Graduates in related disciplines, with law minors or with relevant professional experience or qualifications may be admitted subject to the programme leader's discretion
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- EU Full-time: £14,500
- UK Part-time: £67 per credit; £33 per dissertation
- International/EU Part-time: £97 per credit; £48 per dissertation
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.