Why study LLM/PGDip/PGCert Commercial Law at Middlesex University?
At the Commercial Law LLM/PGDip/PGCert at the Middlesex University you will deepen and broaden your knowledge of law as an academic subject through acquiring a systematic understanding of legal processes, methods and concepts, of the social and political context in which legal processes take place, and of appropriate theoretical conceptions of law.
By maximising your academic potential and refining your problem-solving skills in a transnational context by acquiring a systematic and critical understanding of the complex legal, economic, cultural and political issues informing the English and international regulations addressing commercial transactions you will enhance your professional development and horizons.
The research and writing skills you gain will be transferable to a variety of professional sectors, including the legal profession, policymaking, corporate sector, governmental bodies or academia.
The teaching team in the School of Law at Middlesex University includes Dr Sara Hourani and Dr Lijun Zhao, an expert on international trade law and international maritime law.
- This Commercial Law LLM degree introduces students to actual business disputes, exposing them to the changing nature both of commercial disputes and their settlement or resolution
- Become conversant with case law, UK, EU and international statute pertinent to the conduct of business, together with trends and new issues arising as a result of both technological and regulatory change
- In alternative to litigation, this course familiarises students with the range of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms deployed in business contexts.
Career OpportunitiesStudents considering careers in law and in the court-based approach to litigation and the settlement of disputes will be well served by this LLM. Such careers include in-house legal departments and external legal representation of companies and organisations. In addition, students seeking a career in alternative dispute resolution, whether as arbitrators or as counsel representing parties to arbitration, or those working in businesses or other organisations seeking assistance from ADR service providers, will find this LLM of great benefit.
- English Commercial Law
- International Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Law of the International Sale of Goods
- Legal Research Skills
- Comparative Corporate Governance
- Contemporary issues of European Union Law Governance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesPublic Law Business Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 299 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
- The University's standard entry requirement consists of a Law degree at 2:2 or Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE
- Graduates in related disciplines, with law minors or with relevant professional experience or qualifications may be admitted subject to the programme leader's discretion
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.