Why study MSc Mechatronic Systems Engineering at Middlesex University?
This Mechatronic Systems Engineering course at the Middlesex University is designed for science and technology graduates as well as experienced engineers who wish to update their skills in the emerging areas of smart factories and smart cities, utilising Industry 4.0 technologies.
Designed to meet the evolving demands of the industry, the course is backed by Festo, National Instruments and Siemens and is supported by the Sector Skills Council SEMTA. As a result, you will learn using the latest technologies from these organisations and work on real industry challenges.It recognises that graduates will have different levels of skills and a variety of interests related to this subject, so has been specifically designed to take a portfolio approach. This allows you to work on a wide range of projects to build your knowledge and experience specific to your own ambitions.
- The Industry-backed course has been jointly developed with our industrial partners to teach the very latest topics in Mechatronic Systems Engineering
- The dedicated facilities in the new Ritterman Building open in Autumn 2016 and are equipped with industry standard equipment in electronics, mechatronics, robotics and networking solutions
- Opportunity to focus on a particular technological aspect and specialise or take a broader view of the technologies involved
- State-of-the-art networking facilities using the latest wired and mobile solutions
- All the essential software needed to study the course is provided, including STEP-7, LabVIEW and SolidWorks
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
Career OpportunitiesOn successful completion of the programme you will be able to progress into a career in a wide range of automation industries in roles such as:
- Automation engineers
- Security engineers for cyber-physical applications
- Specialist practitioner in Internet of Things industry
- Mechatronics Systems (Hardware and Software Portfolio)
- Mechatronics Systems (Systems Integration Portfolio)
- Individual Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering Mechatronics View 151 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
- It is required that you have a second class honours degree 2:2 or above in computer science, science or engineering.
- Applications from experienced engineers or graduates from wider engineering disciplines are also encouraged.
- Candidates with other degrees are welcome to apply provided they can demonstrate appropriate levels of relevant experience.
- Candidates without formal qualifications need to demonstrate relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.