Why study MA Professional Practice, Dance (specialisation) at Middlesex University?
Building on the success of the MA Professional Practice (Dance Technique Pedagogy), the first programme of its kind in the country, this unique Professional Practice, Dance (specialisation) MA programme at the Middlesex University combines critical reflection and individual practice at one of the UK’s top Universities for dance practice and research.This course has (specialisation) in the title, because you will choose your specialisation before/during your studies, giving your degree the respective title such as Professional Practice, Dance (Choreography), Professional Practice, Dance (Performance)
- You’ll have the flexibility to shape your studies around work commitments so that you can pursue your ambitions with structured support from experienced practitioners
- Your practice is placed at the centre of your research investigation, making your findings applicable within the profession and of value to colleagues, employers and students
- You’ll be part of a vibrant online dance research culture, with access to influential and internationally respected work across the field
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a claim for academic credits against prior formal and informal learning
- As a student you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
- On completion of this course, you will benefit from an academic qualification (MA) that demonstrates advanced academic standing, including practice as research skills. You will have the ability to articulate the range of complex practice-based and theoretical ideas involved in your own practice as well as in terms of larger world contexts. You will have experience developing and carrying out practiced-based academic research. You will also have an internationally recognised qualification that that you can use to pursue teaching positions in educational and higher educational institutions.
- Many of our students are already working at a sophisticated professional level with ambitions to advance into more senior and challenging roles as dance practitioners, teachers or related leadership, management and development roles.
- Study of Professional Dance Practice
- Advanced Dance Practitioner Inquiry
- Independent Professional Dance Practice Project
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Musicology Theatre & Dance View 562 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You do not need a degree to be considered for this course but should have equivalent professional practice-based experience
- Applicant must be a dance teacher or dance artist engaging in teaching practice
- If you have relevant qualifications or work experience, academic credit may be awarded towards your Middlesex University programme of study
International5600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
National5600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.