Why study Psychological Therapies and Interventions programme at Middlesex University?
This Psychological Therapies and Interventions MSc/PGDip at the Middlesex University will provide you with the academic, practical and research skills you need to continue onto further professional training in clinical psychology, counselling psychology, psychotherapy, clinical research, and health management.
You will be introduced to a range of approaches to psychological therapy and intervention and will be supported to develop a range of therapeutic communication and intervention skills both in workshops and through work experience.As part of the Masters programme, you will also acquire the knowledge and skills required to critically assess research in therapeutic psychology and to undertake research in a topic that is relevant to psychological therapies or interventions. You will be taught by staff who are therapy practitioners and researchers in mental health, psychological wellbeing and trauma.
- This course is an introduction to a wide range of approaches to psychological therapies
- You will focus on the effects of trauma and trauma interventions
- You will have the chance to undertake a clinically relevant work placement
Upon graduation, you could go on to work in the areas of mental health, psychological and social wellbeing, overseas development work, and clinical research. You could also pursue a career in clinical psychology such as psychotherapy and counselling trainings. Or you could choose to continue your academic studies and undertake a PhD in psychology.
- Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Trauma Impact and Interventions
- Advanced Research Methods in Psychology
- Psychology Placement
- Psychology Work Based Project
- Research: Reporting and Practice
- Research Methods in Applied Psychology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 839 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- an upper second-class honours degree 2:1 or above in a Psychology or related subject
- Successful DBS check may be required before attending placement
- You will be required to attend an individual interview
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9600 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.