Why study MSc Sustainability and Environmental Management at Middlesex University?
The Sustainability and Environmental Management MSc course at the Middlesex University offers insight into the causes and solutions to a range of environmental issues. You will develop the ability to evaluate the constraints and opportunities facing a variety of institutions and acquire the skills required to implement sustainable policies. You will exercise problem solving scenarios, develop analytical skills and critically evaluate environmental management policies.You will study alongside students from a range of cultural backgrounds offering you the chance to learn in an international arena and share ideas on a global scale. You will also take part in a field trip to southern Spain with our teaching staff including researchers from our world-renowned Flood Hazard Research Centre, who have conducted research into desertification processes, management and policy solutions.
- You will have the opportunity to either undertake a field study trip, subject to availability as a result of the COVID-19 restrictions or using our highly successful virtual case study to explore a practical environment which has challenged stakeholders and the practice of sustainability. This will support learning about management and policy solutions for sustainability through practical experiences.
- The teachers are actively linked to variety of non-governmental organisations across the EU, Central America and Africa as well as to major international institutions such as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and UN Regional Centres of Expertise in Education for Sustainable Development.
- Teaching by specialist staff including practitioners and researchers from our world-renowned Flood Hazard Research Centre inspires our students and in turn, expands their ambitions.
- This course will equip you with the skills and expertise you need to work in a wide range of roles and sectors. Recent graduates have gone onto such diverse roles as government official in a Ministry for Tourism in Africa, and Head of Operations in an Environmental Business Consultancy in the UK.
- You might also wish to explore your options in research or academia, or even complete further study at doctoral level.
- There are many opportunities available in a variety of sectors including consultant agencies, government ministries, non-governmental organisations (local and international) and education.
- Global Sustainability Issues and Practice
- Applied Sustainability Case Study
- Law and Governance
- Environmental Assessment and Management
- Research Methods
- Dissertation Project
- Risk Management
- Professional Experience Placement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 277 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
- Applications from graduates with a 2:2 honours degree, or equivalent qualification, in an appropriate subject are welcome
- Candidates with other relevant qualifications and individuals with a minimum of three years' work experience are also considered
- Those without formal qualifications need to demonstrate relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9600 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.