The Online Engineering Management offered by the University of Hull is designed specifically for working engineers who aim to move up in their organisation. Students will receive a broader management perspective of their main activity area, which will help them access management responsibilities within an organisation.
Why study this Master’s programme?
In today’s world, when the consumer-led market requires high quantities of goods, manufactures also expect high volumes of interchangeable components.
The engineering sector needs to be well organised to answer this need. In order to reach this goal, strategic thinkers with valuable management and engineering knowledge are in high demand.
During this 2-year course you will:
- Get a theoretical framework to help you start thinking in a more strategic way
- Understand how to apply management notions within an engineering organisation
- Understand how values and cultures can impact performance and quality from a technical and financial point of view
- Learn efficient project management techniques like Agile, Prince2, and ITIL
- Learn how to manage employees
In this degree, the assessment is based on the coursework and submitted online.
The activity on the course will be evaluated through a range of methods:
- tutor and peer feedback
- practical work (group projects and discussion forums)
- written work, including case studies, reports and essays
This online degree gives you the tools to advance your career and to help you move forward in your current organisation. You will become a valuable candidate (or employee) because of your engineering and management know-how. This skill combination may open you job opportunities such as:
- systems engineer
- production engineer
- R&D engineer
- project engineer
- quality engineer
- business development executive
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering for Quality and Business Improvement
- Project and Financial Management
- Management of People and Organisations
- Principles of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Individual Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Technology Management General Engineering & Technology View 382 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A minimum 2:2 BEng degree in an engineering discipline or related subject (for example Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines, Manufacturing etc.) or international equivalent. Applicants who do not meet this requirement may still be considered but will need to present:
- Evidence of highest qualification achieved
- Evidence of any relevant professional qualifications or memberships
- Your current CV, highlighting relevant experience in detail (including managerial responsibilities within the context of an engineering organisation)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10300 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National5150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10300 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.