The specific objectives of the Strategic Event Management and Tourism Management programme at SKEMA Business School are to advance students’ leadership skills, to develop understanding of strategy, gain a thorough appreciation of the nature and characteristics of users of business events and of leisure visitors, and to provide students with the management, marketing and knowledge management tools so that they can lead the way in this rapidly changing environment.
- The Strategic Events Management track is tailor-made for the MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions/events) industry following extensive consultation with leading professionals in the field. The track profiles stakeholders within the industry (corporate, government and association clients, venues and event services and destinations) and follows market trends. It also focuses on teaching specialist strategic skills in the areas of management, finance, IT and sales and marketing in the events and meetings management profession.
- The Strategic Tourism Management track is multidisciplinary rather than built around specific areas such as travel or hospitality. Global strategic tourism issues and techniques are focussed on, producing graduates who are able to choose from a variety of careers in, and related to, tourism management and marketing. Speciality areas cover tourism marketing, as well as the application of I.T. tools in leisure tourism marketing and management.
The MSc is guided by an Advisory Board of representatives from the following companies or institutions:
- Accor Hotels
- China National Convention Centre
- European Society of Cardiology
- Hatfield House
- Leading Hotels of the World
- Tourism Australia
- Tourism Vancouver
- TTC International
This MSc cuts across a number of disciplines, presented in two separate tracks: Strategic Event Management and Strategic Tourism Management. Graduates of this MSc find work in a broad range of supervisory, managerial and consulting positions in both public and private sector tourism or event organisations, often with a marketing and sales orientation.
Within a relatively short time span after graduating, Event Management alumni can be expected to go on to managerial posts within conference centres, international associations, professional conference organisers, destination management companies, convention bureaux, exhibition organisers etc. Similarly, Tourism Management graduates can go on to positions in destination, hotel, travel or distribution marketing and sales.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Business Strategy in Events & Tourism: Case studies & site inspections
- Financial Decision Making in Events & Tourism
- Gaining Insights Through Numbers
- International Economic Policy for Tourism & Events
- Preparing your career: Skills Set and Environmental Analysis in Events & Tourism
- Talent Management in Events & Tourism
- Basics of Revenue Management
- Sales & Customer Relationship Marketing in Events and Tourism
- Strategic Marketing Projects in Tourism and Events
- Contemporary Business Strategy: The Global Nature of Tourism and Events
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Recruitment is carried out on a rolling admissions basis. However, given the limited number of places, candidates are advised to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesStrategic Management Event Management Tourism & Leisure View 4 other Masters in Event Management in France
- Eligible to apply: students who hold a three-year university degree or equivalent.
- Eligible to apply: students who hold a four-year university degree or equivalent + two months minimum of professionnal experience. In some cases, a three-year degree with substantial professional experience can be accepted.
- Students will be required to reach the necessary level for the MSc before moving to year two.
- English proficiency
- GMAT/GRE is not mandatory, however a good score strengthens the application.
International17000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA17000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.