We have a multidisciplinary research base that offers opportunities to conduct biomedical research in a range of areas.
Under expert supervision, you will develop your skills and join researchers already active in:
- aquatic and marine biology
- ecotoxicology (biomarkers for environmental pollutants)
- environmental and molecular approaches to diagnose and develop solutions for disease, agricultural and environmental problems
- genomics and sequencing techniques applied to various organisms
- microbiology (food, medical and environmental biotechnology, vaccine development, fundamentals of pathogen/host interactions)
- plant biology (plant biotechnology and genomics, molecular plant breeding, ecotoxicogenomics, fire and environmental ecology)
- genomics and sequencing techniques applied to various organisms.
A masters degree will provide you with a foundation for further studies into a PhD and employment in senior leadership and management research-based positions in a variety of government, non-government and corporate organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Time spent on research
Full-time candidates are expected to commit at least four days per week (or at least two days per week for part-time candidates) to their research. The academic year is 48 weeks.
- Regular contact with your supervisor
A schedule of meetings with your supervisor/s must be established to assess progress against milestones and timely completion.
- Resources, facilities and support
You will have access to online resources through the myRMIT student portal. You will be part of an active research community and have access to resources and workshops to help you succeed.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start date: Continuous
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology View 40 other Masters in Biotechnology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a bachelor degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant discipline awarded with honours; or
- evidence of appropriate academic qualifications and/or experience that satisfies the Associate Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research Training and Development or nominee that the applicant has developed knowledge of the field of study or cognate field and the potential for research sufficient to undertake the proposed program.
- CRICOS number: 079684C
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34560 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34560 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.