Materials of Nuclear Energy at Université Grenoble Alpes is a 2-year Master that aims to cover the specificities of the materials used in the nuclear environment, whether fuel or components, with a particular focus on the durability of materials under irradiation.
The content of the programme and courses was developed in collaboration with engineers from EDF and CEA.
The second year takes place over two semesters: all the courses of the master are taught in the first half: 2 specialised courses taught at CEA Cadarache and the Materials Ageing Institute are part of the curriculum.
- Engineer in the nuclear industry
- Engineer in research and development centres (CEA, EDF, Areva, etc.)
- Researcher or teacher-researcher in academia
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamental Aspects of Materials Science
- Applied Materials
- Numerical Modelling
- Physics and Language
- Plasticity and Modelling
- Vocational Training
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 28 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Pre-requisite for the master 1 st year : have a bachelor degree in physics, mechanics, nuclear physics, materials
- Pre-requisite for the master 2nd year : have an master 1st degree in physics, mechanics, nuclear physics, materials
If you have limited resources, you might be granted a scholarship based on social criteria to help pay for your studies. Scholarship requests must be submitted between January 15th and April 30th through the CROUS website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.